Saturday, January 26, 2008

No means No?

So yesterday I drove back to Lynn's for another go with Tap, but Chip just didn't seem as keen. Tap would intermittently flag and stand, then sit and growl. So, after an hour in the cold, we figured that was it, she was just past. So, I came home...To Kap who is VERY keen. Tap would stand for him I am sure, so off to the old basement he goes, where he refused his dinner and has been howling for the past 2 hours. He doesn't even recognize me when I call him, he just has that panting, glassy look.

So now I am worried I took her too early...Or were the two 10 minute ties enough...Should I allow Kap his party and then DNA test the litter. Kap and Tap would make great companions and agility dogs for sure, but I am just not sure about the work (herding), he being such a total outcross and all (and dyslexic and Mr. Slice O matic...).

Hopefully, by the time I have slept on it...She will be out and that will be that.

My husband tells me I worry for nothing. After all, Jess was bred on day 14 with a straw full of sparse and elderly swimmers and had 4 pups. Pat was bred in the back of a van in a Wal Mart parking lot once, tied for 10 minutes and had 7 pups...Oh yeah, I forget that 6 DAYS LATER she stood for Glen again and tied for 20 minutes. The little floozy.

What to do, what to do...?

No comments: