Friday, March 19, 2010

Does This Collar Make Me Look Fat?

Tap is getting enormous. To illustrate, I took these photos this morning (day 47). She was thrilled to have her picture taken, as you can see (obviously she is a vain girl).



Tap has never made it to the "traditional" day 63 to whelp. The last Chip litter was whelped on day 60 and the Mirk litter was whelped on day 59. I think I'd better get the puppy room ready sooner rather than later!

How many puppies? I didn't get an ultrasound done. They are pretty inaccurate as to determining litter size...But as a comparison:

Here is Tap on day 54 carrying the first Chip litter, which produced 5 puppies.


And here she is carrying Mirk's litter (6 puppies), pictured at day 41.

So, I am going to guess.....7 puppies. Anyone else up for a friendly wager?

2 comments:

Erin Crossman said...

Poor Tap!! I think I looked just as thrilled with cameras near me at the end of my pregnancies :)
I'm going to guess 8 puppies! Lets say 3 girls, 5 boys...

Anonymous said...

8 puppies and April 1st Delivery. 3 males and 5 females...my best guess...Holly