Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 38 Action

Winter litters are hard...It's been below -20 degrees (Celsius) every day (this morning is is -30), and yesterday we got about 2 feet of snow - making it very difficult for puppies to get outdoors even for short periods of time. I have been feeding them in crates for a few days now - the first couple of days all they did was scream and knock over their bowls. Now they are all jumping in the crates waiting for their food! But of course the screaming begins once they are finished. They are eating (between them) about 3 lbs of food a day now - plus mom's milk, but she is beginning to not have a s much as she is no longer eating 6 lbs a day! I am gradually getting her back down to normal rations.


This video is from last night - 38 days old. #6 was sleeping in the shoes, so he does not even have a supporting role in this movie! But I have a cute pic of him so he doesn't feel left out...





3 comments:

Erin Crossman said...

They are lovely!! They are so big now!

Anonymous said...

Great video!! And the photo of #6--WAY too cute. He looks stunning in prick ears. :-)

Any personality insights yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi!
What a nice idea of visiting the elders home with the puppies.
I am a big fan of Mirk. I have been visiting your site many times and some day I am hoping to have my own Mirk pup.
Have a nice christmas time!