It's been raining all day - well, it actually waited until I returned form a great 3 hour hike this morning - but the puppies couldn't stay outside. We did manage several short play sessions outside in the wet grass in between the downpours, but mostly, I ran around behind them with a bucket and my Benefect. The new paint on the dog room floor is so far doing a good job of hiding dried mud!
When they were not playing, or peeing, they slept the sound, uninterrupted sleep that puppies do....Resting up for the next round of play, pee, play, pee, play....
 |
| Napping in the shoes again. #3 actually is asleep with her nose in my smelly running shoe! |
 |
| John's stinky boots are also a big draw. This is #4. |
 |
| Ffat chose the Big Kid hammock bed. |
 |
#1 and Ffat on the comfy, well padded big kids bed under the stairs. Ffat's big head is the only thing that prevented him from falling off. YES, he is fast asleep!
Reminds me of another, upside down puppy.... |
 |
This is Creekside Fen back in May, 2008 - 8 weeks old,. She is also fast asleep!
(photo taken by Tracy Carter) |
Today is their fourth day of eating solid food, so I added a new protein. I am going slowly so I don't upset their tummies. So far, so good! Plus they still have unlimited Milk Bar access, although I have begun to gradually cut back on Gem's food to try and balance it out.
Anyway, for dinner tonight they had chicken necks from our own chickens (chopped small and smashed flat). Each pup got a small portion, maybe a tablespoon, and they had to really work at it, putting their new teeth to good use, beginning to grind and break the chunks and small bones. There was a fair bit of regurgitation from #1, who was so excited, she ate too fast.
 |
| Making sure there is nothing left! |
 |
| #1 really enjoyed her meal and licked and licked the board trying to get every last morsel. |
 |
| #1...Still at it! |
 |
| I am guessing she is a fan of chicken necks. |
No comments:
Post a Comment