A content mom relaxes with her newborn kids.
Except the fact that she only had five puppies (needed 6!), I am thrilled to report that all is well and mom and kids all doing great. Tap is a wonderful mom, she is very calm and nurturing with her pups and I am so relieved that it all went smoothly and without the need for any late night calls (or visits!) to the emergency vet clinic. This morning Tap ate her entire bowl of salmon, so is feeling good!
And now, the winner of the Puppy Wager is.......(drum roll....)
The Carter Family AND Tammy's friend Amanda.
It FIGURES it would be the only identical guess that wins! So now I must decide on the final winner. Should I ask a "skill testing question"? (related to content on my website / Creekside dogs) OR divide the pot equally between the two correct guessers?
While I hum and haw about that, please enjoy the following photos and stats! (Please note, my very old scale is not really designed for weighing under a pound, so the weights may not be accurate, however, they will help determining growth rate).
Puppy #1 Female: Born at 9:59 pm March 24th. Weight (this morning): 10 ounces. Color and Markings: traditionally marked (but not totally symmetrical) tri-color.
Puppy #2: Female: Born at 10:34 pm March 24th. Weight (this morning): 9 ounces. Color and Markings: traditionally marked tri-color (more black), with a white nose, no blaze (a la Creekside Click)
Sorry - #2 is the only one who wanted to "pose" by herself. I will take more tomorrow after mom and pups have had a rest.Puppy #3: Male: Born at 11:32 pm March 24th. Weight (this morning): 10 ounces. Color and Markings: Black and White (can't tell if there's tan anywhere on this one yet). Wide blaze on face, asymmetrical white on nose, white hind legs (a la Creekside Che).
Puppy #4: Male: Born at 12:50 am on March 25th. Weight (this morning): 10 ounces. Color and Markings: Tri-color (more black), very narrow stripe on face.
Puppy #5: Male: Born at 3:09 am (bum first!) on March 25th. Weight (this morning): 11 ounces. Color and Markings: Very black tri-color, narrow white stripe on face, very little white on Muzzle.


9 comments:
PUPPIES!!!
Sounds like #2 takes after Click in more than markings.....she's puppy #2 AND she's already photogenic!!!
Congrats to mommy Tap (and Fiona)!! Click is very excited to be an uncle now. :-)
They are absolutely beautiful. Well done Tap (and Fiona).
Congratulations from Uncle Che.
Hello
Congratulations on the 5 puppies, I don't know how Amanda's feels, but as I mentioned when we contributed the $25 for the puppy pool, if we won the pool you should keep the cash.
The blogs are great to read, very entertaining and I know they take some work to create and I am looking forward to the World Championship blog updates...plus, you were up to at least 3am this morning....so however you divide it up, please keep our share. We just think its pretty cool that we picked the right number of puppies...now if we could just do the same on a Florida Lottery ticket -(we could sponsor your entire Wales trip :-)) Five puppies is GREAT, we love the way they look and the pictures are really nice....
Laurie and I were chuckling over Tracy who stayed up for the entire process (do you think that she is just a little bit EXCITED!)
Sorry accidentally deleted our first comment....but I was able to re-post it...was sending the first one, when a big golden retriever (looking for his usual attention) knocked/nuzzled my arm (it depends on if you're the nuzzler or nuzzlee) and I hit delete....all 3 goldens are excited to meet the new puppy.....that will be an experience for the little thing....since they are a little enthusiastic in their greetings :-)
Congratulations Tap and Fiona! So glad that all are doing well. Take a nice big nap today and enjoy your babies.
Congratulations... Fiona
Very nice litter, they are all very nice looking
Are you keeping one :~)
Nat
Very nice tips. Thanks for sharing!.
Puppy Growth Rate
Post a Comment