The next three are of Puppy #1...

And here are three of Puppy #2...

Next are, you guessed it...Puppy #3 - reminds me a bit of puppy Cait (2004 Pat x Glen)


And Vince!


Sweet little man #5...




All the pups are doing well - eating with gusto and still enjoying the milk bar (drive thru version). Yesterday was the first day they followed me and the other dogs out for morning potty. Good puppies all went outside like big kids! They are beginning to follow me around more so I think by next week they will be able to cross the bridge to walk up the field a little ways! I will definitely get video of that!!!
I am beginning to match pups with their people in my head..Of course they change from day to day at this age but I have a pretty good idea...No! Not telling! But curious to see whether anybody really gives a hoot about puppy testing at 7 weeks. It has been my experience that the tests only confirm my thoughts and honestly, these pups don't bat an eyelash at much! They've met chickens, sheep, lambs, adult dogs (ours only so far), cats, lots of people (kids and nursing home visit next week)...Heard/saw the tractor, chainsaw and every machine that functions around the farm and house. I've vacuumed around their little toes....They've been handled and manhandled...I've handled them while they're eating.
Puppy testing is a great idea for a litter of pups that may not have seen the light of day until 8 weeks, or for family pet homes....But you all are experienced dog owners. So, what do you think? Happy to do it...You'll just wait longer to know!!!! I bet you all had yours picked since day 1 anyway, right? :)





6 comments:
Awwww, such wonderful portraits!
I've had mine picked in my head since they were born!! Just a gut feeling.
I don't care about puppy testing.
They all look great Fiona, and kudos to you for all the work you've done with them so far. Thank you!!
"I bet you all had yours picked since day 1 anyway, right?"
Haha, that is always so true. :)
Very cute puppies!
Gorgeous photos - calendar material. They are all doing so well.
Just back from NH Sheep & Wool your daddy did well puppies, in spite of his rusty handler! I like all the pups how to choose?????Love the individual photos thanks Fiona
OMG cute x5 ... i mean x6 :) did i give away my favourite :)
Post a Comment