Friday, August 8, 2014

Gummie's little Bears

Weird title.  "Gum" or "Gummie" is one of Gem's nicknames (In French, the "G" is "hard" in this use, and the "e" sounds a bit like the sound of "u"....So she's been called "Gum" a few times here in Quebec.  Gum or "Jem" (soft "J", sounds like "J'aime", which is nicer because it means "I love" :) 

But Gum was what stuck.  Yeah, pun intended.

So, as these babies were growing in Gem's belly, I had them pictured in my head like this:

 J'aime les Gummie Bears!
 
And now, for Gummie's little Bears....See how much they've changed in only 1 day!


 Gem says, "it's HOT in here!"
We have to keep the Gummie Bears warm!
 


 Numbered.  Everyone has gained weight, even tiny #1.  She has not quite made it to 8 oz by 8 pm tonight, but she sure is trying!  She is feisty - always finding the back teats.
 
 The gals.

 The boy.  I think he looks like daddy Taff. Which is why, alas, the name "Ffat" has stuck (carrying on the theme of backwards names....Gem - Meg...And of course the ones that started it all: Pat - Tap).  Sorry dude.  I'm sure that will not be your name when you grow up.

 "Almost made it, but I soz tired...Zzzzzzzzz" (#3)
 
And, a parting video.  Gummie Bears crawling, Gummie Bears rolling around and....
Well, not much else!
 

 
 
 

No comments: