Monday, March 17, 2008

Fat Tap

As promised, here are a few pics of the Mom to Be on day 53...Only 10 days to go (give or take).

For those of you who have not met Tap when she's "svelte"; This is a huge difference! Usually I can wrap my hands around her waist and my fingers meet. I can do it now, too...With several pairs of hands! Needless to say, she is enjoying her extra meals and is at about 2.5 lbs of food per day. She is still active and hasn't shown any desire to be left behind on all our hikes and walks. She is quieter, though, preferring to stay close rather than race through the bush with Blaze or Spur.
Next week I will slow her down a bit. Whelping supplies have been brought out of storage and will be set up this week. The countdown begins!

Only 3 puppies? I don't think so...

...For a first time mom, who is in excellent shape, she is simply TOO BIG!!!

8 comments:

Tracy Carter said...

If there are only three puppies, then Chip must actually be a St. Bernard.

Tap looks gigantic!

Tuckahoe Lamb and Cattle Co. said...

Tap looks huge...in a good way! Those three puppies must be pretty darn big.

Creekside Border Collies said...

Tap here. You take those comments BACK!!! It's just the camera - adds 10 lbs you know...You wanna see fat? Check out my sister Cait' pic on her blog!!!

www.creeksidecaitspuppyblog.blogspot.com

I am simply "voluptuous" (did I spell that right?)

Lynn said...

Chip here, and Tap you are looking MARVELOUS! I love a girl with some curves. I don't know clever dog, BUT I AM extremely well bred and certainly no Saint Bernard. I am imported from Wales and my Dad is one of the most famous Border Collies...a WORLD champion and my mom is no slouch either! I myself, have won a few trials and that is in spite of my handler who is a little ssslllooowwww.......Oops here she comes, she suspects I have been surfing the net, looking for love during this long winter, got to go....

Creekside Border Collies said...

Chip, Tap here - thanks for the comments on my new figure. We all know that you are the farthest thing form a St. Bernard! A St. Bernard wouldn't have had to stand on his tiptoes during the, you know..."date". I like to be a bit of a Dominatrix, so like my boys a litter shorter than me! CleverDog is my little brother - he is about the only one who can say such things to his big sis! CleverDog is getting a little sis/neice from this litter too!

Anonymous said...

Tap is beautiful.

Any way to get a new pic of handsome future daddy Chip...? His shape probably hasn't changed much this winter, but he has such a charming face, I'd love to see more of him. :) Diane

Candace said...

Oh my! You have to remember about those raging hormones. :-) Never, ever tell a pregnant girl she is fat! Actually I am pretty sure that stands for any female pregnant or not! ;-)

Tap: You are blooming my dear and the picture of err voluptuous health! You have to store those 7 pups somewhere! Not to worry Candace is eating everything in sight in commiseration of your uh, state? Oh! Was that a labor pain... gotta go!
Later,
Candace

Unknown said...

Hey Tap. Sister Cait here. I have my waistline back. What about you?