Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Puppy Countdown!

Less than 6 days to go...If Tap whelps on day 60/61 as she did the last time and as her mother Pat before her, that would make her due date over the weekend (perfect timing). I have begun taking daily temperatures both in the morning and evening. Her normal temperature is 37.4 degrees Celsius.

Tap is enjoying her daily hikes - still 1.5 to 2 hours - but I make her walk, and don't let her tear it up with Blaze as normal. I expect towards Thursday she will go only on the small noon time and evening walks - the "old dog" walks...Except this time there is no Boomer for company. It will be sad that that this litter will not get to know that dear old soul. If you remember from the last litter, he was a "Grampa" to the pups, especially Hank (now called Case), who followed him around like a hero.


A flashback - one of my favorite puppy photos from the last litter:


And now for the embarrassing Tap photos. Well embarrassing for her, anyways!


2 comments:

Erin Crossman said...

Hope all goes well! Poor Tap, LOL! I'm 8 months myself right now and I know how uncomfortable she must be!!

Sarah Duke said...

Aww - that is such a sweet photo of Boomer snuggling Case. Tap looks ready to go. Looking forward to stalking the blog over the weekend. :o)