Sunday, January 4, 2009

We Survived.

It is 5:23 am. I've been up for 1 hour and am working steadily through a 10 cup pot of coffee. Well, I've actually been up most the night as someone was screaming endlessly...

No actually, the first night in crates was not that bad, considering they are 7 weeks and hadn't spent more than an hour at a time in crates. I put them to bed at 10:30 (hey, that' way past my bedtime already!). They screeched for a bit, then quieted...Then screeched...Then quieted. Then Fen decided the boogie man was outside and started barking furiously. I knew she was barking at the wind only as nobody else bothered to make a peep...Well except the puppies...They used that excuse to start screaming again.

Then Blaze thought it might be fun to start a sing a long. He does this periodically. Ask anyone who has stayed the night in the main floor guest suite. Of course, nobody can resist a sing a long. So, howling dogs...Screeching puppies...

I must have slept a bit, as the alarm actually DID wake me up at 4:30. I had my clothes ready for a quick getaway and zoomed down to the dog room to survey the damage. Two pups made it through the night - one was #5 - I know this as he didn't quite make it outside before releasing the flood. The other was NOT #2. I don't know who it was, as I just opened the doors and they barrelled out like racehorses at the start gate. But 2/6 is pretty good. Tonight will be better! (I hope...And so does John!)

No comments: