Saturday, April 3, 2010

All done!

Six puppies total...3 females, 3 males. Was hoping & expecting more but I must be thankful for the easy delivery and their vigor. I guess Tap is just...well...Fat! Good news is that the 24 hour milk bar is open and doing good business!

So, YAY! Everyone who has been confirmed for a puppy and sent deposits gets their puppy!

Sorry to everyone else who was waiting in the wings and hoping :(

Stats (an overview so you don't have to weed through all the play by play posts)
Puppy #1: Male 7 oz (don't be alarmed by his low birth weight - he is as vigorous as the others!)
Puppy #2: Female 8 oz
Puppy #3: Female 11 oz
Puppy #4: Male 10 oz
Puppy #5: Male 9 oz
Puppy #6: Female 9 oz

I'll get individual pics tomorrow, but tonight just want to let mom and pups rest. They had a lot of handling to and from the puppy warm box each time Tap had big contractions. But in parting, a few family shots. Whelping box all snug and clean.





Tap getting fed up with pictures!

Tiny #1 just after his birth as he awaits his new sister #2 in the puppy warm box.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly. Last year when Jill had puppies she was huge too and I was convinced she had at least 7 or 8. I was happy with 6 but I too felt bad for the people on the list who didn't get a puppy.

They look like flashy puppies - looking forward to seeing them grow! Take lots of pictures!

Tracy said...

For some reason I just feel like #1 could be a kick ass agility dog...

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad everything went smoothly :)

Erin Crossman said...

So glad all is well!! Nice to see the photos!!

Cathy, Che and Jeepers said...

Congratulations to sister Tap. Glad all went well.