The outdoor pen...They pretty much don't do anything but sleep, so one Xpen is working fine. When they are all cruising around, I'll have to double it up for sure! The blanket is providing some wind break, not much judging by the holes! Tap guarded the puppy pen ferociously the first few hours, but relaxed when she realized nobody was going to interfere...Except Fen, who tried several times to get in, only to be severely reprimanded from her mother! But she was allowed in the indoor pen this evening, so her privileges are being extended!
We also had a scare yesterday - when Vince got on the scale, it showed that he had lost weight and was indeed feeling bony. Not good, but not as bad at this age than if he was a neonate. Today we ensured he got extra one on one time with mom and also gave him a couple of saucers (he refused the bottle "I'm a BIG kid now!") of homemade formula/supplement (from Dr. Billinghurst's Grow Your Pups with Bones). At dinner time, he got his own portion of duck neck. Tonight's weigh in showed a 2 oz gain. He is still tiny compared with his siblings, but pretty strong and feisty, as you can see in the video. He does still fall down a lot, while his siblings are getting sturdier, but we are still optimistic!
6 comments:
Such a nice video to see! Little cutie #3 sure did like the bone! She was there the whole video LOL!
And Pat, too cute!!
Finally someone else has posted a comment, I didn't want to be the first! I have watched it 3X. I loved the hen amongst the dogs, she hadn't a clue she might be their next meal (just kidding) though Kap wasn't about to share his neck with her! Pups are getting too cute, Vinnie sure isn't afraid to get right in there and get his share of the neck. Thanks Fiona!
Haha Lynn, I have watched it many times too, and also waited to see if anyone else would post....I'm glad I'm not the only one that is addicted to the latest puppy blog fix :))
I think they are the cutest bunch but I really love Vinnie.
so cute!! they are getting so chubby and changing so much!
i was quite fascinated by the chicken walking around! LOL
That chicken, part of a gang of three we call the Cinnamon Sisters, are really bold and /or stupid and always try to steal the dog's dinner while they are eating (yes, chickens are natural omnivores!) I only saw one get close enough to actually loose a few feathers though :)
Our chickens have been known to catch and eat rats too!
Post a Comment