New People: Today the puppies met the painters who were doing a second coat in our (ALMOST finished kitchen).
New Food: Along with their duck, I gave them another bit of raw liver, which turned them into werewolves. Poor #4 and Hank were left with the small pieces while piggy #1, #2 and #3 ate the biggest chunks - doing that strange running commentary that is very new to me! For dinner they got a bit of tripe, which they also dove into with gusto.
And of course, The Milk Bar is always open - Tap is still full of milk and doesn't seem to mind their teeth - or maybe the pups are getting their "chewing" satisfaction from their RMBs and don't find the need to also chew on mum!
Please excuse my filthy, ungroomed dog. It is record warm for this time of year and between the mud and the pond, well...That's my excuse! New Toys: They are really playing now - I mean - like real dogs! Grabbing and tugging and dragging stuff all over the place. I only caught #4 on camera today. He wanted NOTHING to do with the "baby" Tire Biter toy, but went straight for Blaze's BIG Tire Biter toy. Blaze was not put out. He grabbed a log from the pile beside the woodstove instead :)
New Lessons: Lots of learning going on being brought up in the pack, so hopefully this will make them pros in terms of reading doggy language when they all go to their new homes. I do believe it makes a difference. #3 has REALLY settled into being a nice boy now - he has turned over a new leaf and has become polite after Jessie's scolding yesterday! He is the new favorite with John (my husband), who held him in his arms as he cheered (is cheering) on the Montreal Canadiens in game 7 against Boston...I am no hockey fan, so I left.
The pups still prefer to go into their crate for naps and are hitting the (large) area of newspapers most of the time....Except #1 - she goes where she stands! Although Tap is still (amazingly) happy to clean up after them, their pen needs 2x daily scrubbing now with disinfectant to keep it nice and clean (smelling). I use "Benefect" disinfectant, approved by Health Canada, and is the ONLY non-toxic, biodegradable disinfectant that kills 99 percent of bacteria and viruses, yet is less toxic than baking soda, and recommeded for use on baby toys and food surfaces. It has an oil of thyme base so it smells nice too! I don't think you can get it in the USA - sorry folks!!!
2 comments:
They sound like lucky pups to me- lots of good food, family, friends, and play. Send my thanks to your crew for helping out on the manners- lessons learned young are often lessons well learned. :)
Hard to beleive they are 4 weeks old! What a great job Tap is doing as a first time mom!
Thank you for all the wonderful updates! The puppies are adorable! Now I can get back to work as I have had my daily puppy fix!
Candace
Post a Comment