Day 30: Pat and Tap are beginning to really play with the puppies, teaching them the all important lessons about bite inhibition and overstepping boundaries. You'll also see Blaze performing Uncle - like duties. He is great - never bites just teeth and snapping when pups over step the line!
Today they spent an hour playing with my neighbor outdoors. We are dealing with a sick ewe and a bunch of lambs with Sore Mouth (Grace, I expect you know what I am talking about). Lots of quarantining, cleaning and disinfecting the barn today. I hope I can someday find the time to finish picking the rocks and digging up the thistles in my agility field so I can actually set up my equipment!
Video puppy action for your viewing pleasure:
1st video: "Girls Gone Wild". This is #1 and #2 having fun while their lazy brothers sleep off their overindulgence at the Milk Bar.
2nd video (a bit of a run on, sorry!) is the puppy's new play area. You can see them interacting with the wobble boards, the box and the paper tube. The Bubble Wrap had to be removed, as they were keen on dragging it around rather than running on it!
I DO have really nice puppy toys!!! But Tap (and the rest) don't share with puppies, so they have only come out when the other dogs are outside. I have introduced the talking Gorilla and Quacking Duck. The puppies found them a bit scary, except for Hank and #4, who both went after the Gorilla. I'll try to capture that tomorrow...
I took a bunch of pictures today as well, but will post them tomorrow, as I have to get up way early to deal with the sick ewe....Zzzzzz.
2 comments:
Oh. My gosh. Really, really cute videos --#2 wasn't partially rolling the toy with her nose, was she?
Pat has a very large reserve of patience!
We didn't have the luxury of Caper's litter on video --I can't imagine Caper ever tearing it up like those puppies --those are puppies having some serious puppy fun. Wow. I kind of want them all, but one is now looking like a pretty good number. ; )
Sorry about your sheep --that has to be such a bummer on top of trying to get Pat and Tap ready.
GREAT videos!
Thank you!
Videos enjoyed very much!
LOL! The puppies are so goofy.
Your adult dogs are so patient and dole out the punishment in perfect form.
I will say when they are all milling about I can only tell who # 3 is from the white spot on his back. The rest I think I know then second guess myself. I think that is 2, no 1, errr. Cute who ever they are! :-)
In any case they are one handsome brood. Tap and Chip have done themselves proud!
Candace
Post a Comment