Spring Chores! I wonder when I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel...fencing, rock picking, car cleaning, dog agility equipment repair, thistle killing, sheep doctoring...Whew. So, never got the camera out today, although the puppies enjoyed another day outdoors.
They are now beginning to come when called (well, kind of to kissy noises and "pup pup pup") and are beginning to follow me a bit. Hank was the first. #1 is ALWAYS stuck to me like a burr, and #2 was boldly exploring further afield, as was #3. #4 tried to entice the cat in a game, but the cat didn't get it. #4 is also the first to tug with me - and he is quite strong! Soon we will be able to go for little walks around the yard, and next week begins the car rides and "outside" visits (to the garage that fixes my car, to the nursing home, to Home Depot, to the pet supply store, to the feed store, to the elementary school etc. etc. etc. They also need to learn how to cross our bridge (without falling into the creek), and I would like them to meet the sheep and see the lambs - but not sure if the lamb "chicken pox" is contagious to dogs! (Grace???)
Tomorrow I am away for most of the day and I DOUBT my husband will take any pictures :) So...You'll all be in puppy withdrawal by Sunday!
3 comments:
I googled sore mouth in dogs and orf in dogs, and only came up with a few pages of dogs with sore mouths. Like I said, I've never heard of a dog getting sore mouth before - and most of these farms with lots of sheep also have lots of dogs.
Maybe check with your vet about it though?
I just talked with a vet about it -sore mouth (Orf) is NOT contagious to dogs. Only between sheep/goats and humans.
So no worries that the puppies will catch it!
THANKS Grace! That's a relief!
Post a Comment