Mom is still spending lots of quality time with her kids, but I am letting her decide when it's enough. She is STILL cleaning up after them too, and no complaints (not much anyways) when they all pile into the Milk Bar. Mom's midday meal ceased last Tuesday, so she is down to 3 lbs a day (instead of 4) and she is lean.
The School of Hard Knocks with Uncle Spur
The puppies are getting really cheeky with the adult dogs. Pat and Tap are saintly in their patience, but Uncle Spur is less forgiving! The nice thing is, I see the puppies learning to respect their Elders. You can see them thinking a bit more now...
"Hmm, is it really such a good idea to jump on Blaze's lovely red head whilst he is sleeping so soundly?"

Cheeky #1

#4 Playing it safe (he is such a sensible dude!)

#1 getting told off by Uncle Spur

Hank making appeasing gestures to Uncle Spur (whose lip is raised ever so slightly!)
Next week (week 7 already) I'll begin restricting the milk bar to 2 or 3 times a day. The pups probably don't need the milk anymore as they are eating everything I offer them with gusto. Bones are broken up to make it easier for them to chew, but there really is not much left for Tap to clean up after they are finished. They are now getting 4 meals a day, (about 40-50% RMBs - mostly duck necks right now - and the other half muscle, organ, veggies, tripe and whatever. I am trying to keep the percentages balanced over a few days at about 15% edible bone (the ACTUAL bone), 10-15% organ meat (with half of that liver) and the rest a variety of meat and veggies. The pups seem to be in terrific health! Nice solid poops (well, really, it is nice after raising kibble fed puppies with runny goopy poos for the first few weeks of weaning!), shining coats, nice feel to their bodies (not "bloated", but lean and strong) and believe it or not, LESS mess at meal times! (N0 swimming in puppy mush :)

Hank and the Little Kids Tire Biter

#2 Looking oh so cute

#3 strutting his stuff
2 comments:
Well, at least you got some of that rain you were looking for... :)
Thanks for keeping us supplied in pictures- the one of Hank with his Tire Biter is especially adorable. They really are a nice looking group. :)
I love seeing them grow and learn! Great life lessons!
I am still chuckling over the video of the two puppies with Uncle Spur and his tongue hanging out. :-)
Candace
Post a Comment