Not a lot to report today (except we have our first bottle lamb - bummer), so thought I would share some good pictures.
Here is 13 year old Jess, who found the last remnant of one of the deer carcasses on our hike today and decided what a good idea it would be to bring it home for lasting enjoyment...I hope the UPS man wasn't put off (Val you'll get a kick out of this)...

And not to worry, there is puppy stuff too!
This morning I clipped their nails, which were beginning to feel like little pins every time I held them - and poor mommy Tap! I spaced that "traumatic" experience out with the ENS exercises of the day, which they pretty much all slept through.
Weights at 6 am this morning:
Puppy #1: 1 lb. 8 oz.
Puppy #2: 1 lb. 7 oz.
Puppy #3: 1 lb. 9 oz.
Puppy #4: 1 lb. 7.5 oz.
Puppy #5: 1 lb. 10 oz.

Little tan bums....Now that the little brown hairs are starting to show up on #3 and #5, I can safely say that all the puppies will be tri-color...Some stronger (Like daddy Chip) and some more brindled, like mommy Tap.
7 comments:
Wow, Jess looks great for 13! And, is it just me, or do the pups look alot bigger today? They are adorable as always. :)
Click says he'll take your lamb. :-)
The puppies are getting BIG!! They resemble little dogs now. :-)
OK, I see 5 pups and 2 #3s where is #2??????I agree that Jess looks great. It sure doesn't look like a deer hide, here in Maine it is called a LEG ! Oh Dear......or should I say oh deer, here, at our farm it could also be leg of Katahdin, looks kind of like Marty (our rams coloring). Thanks Fiona for keeping the pictures coming . Daddy Chip (via Lynn)
The puppies are getting big! My dogs love deer parts, too. Barkley found a few deer legs in the woods this fall and had a wonderful time chomping and practicing his mean face when the other dogs got too close.
Jess doesn't look 13 at all!
Whoops - photo corrected - I don't know why #2 always gets "forgotten"! She's the least forgettable of the lot! Deer leg, yes, hide long eaten by Blaze, Pat and Spur.
Jess needs to share his secret on looking so good!
Puppies are precious. I love it when they pile on top of one another like they are in the picture. Too cute!
Candace
Post a Comment