Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 24: Beginning to Notice the World

Puppies spent another afternoon outdoors in the Xpen - this time in a slightly different location. They had a visitor (our contractor) and met Auntie Jessie's teeth (but not to worry - she is 13 and teeth are almost non existent from too many tennis balls as a pup). She is a crabby old lady and the pups were quite offended...At first. Then, as puppies do, they forgot the whole experience.

Below is a cute video of #1 and Hank beginning to interact with Uncle Spur. Yes, Spur's tongue is sticking out - it often does, making him look less than brilliant. You can see the pups startling a couple of times, and if I could figure our sound, you would be able to hear Blaze doing "shake n kill" with the Tire Biter in the background. it is a very scary sounding noise, complete with flying spit. I figure in a few days the pups will be ignoring him completely.




The next video is a bit of a run on - showing several different "scenes". The pups are now really diving into the duck wings - they are still not eating very much, but both #2 and #3 each had an individual go at it (while others were sleeping) and were quite enthusiastic - giving a running commentary the whole time - it was weird and cute. Again, if only you could hear them - but then you'd have to hear me too and all my baby talk gibberish.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 sure is an enthusiastic little guy. I loved watching #4 find different "toys".

It seems as if you're on the ground, you're fair game. : )

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had to go back and look again --gosh that was just so cute (#4 and the water bucket). Was he barking at it afterwards?

#2 with the duck wing -different!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that was fun video- my favorite so far! :)

Creekside Border Collies said...

Yes, #4 was telling the water bucket off big time. #2 abd her wing - it was like she was apologizing to the duck for eating it...Kind of desperate whining - strange - never saw that with kibble riased pups (maybe kibble is just not yummy enough to talk about either :)
#3 is a very (over) confident little guy - I fear he is in for a rude awakening someday soon when he overstep his boundaries with the big kids :)You can just see by the way he carries himself - tail over the back - very upright and bold!

Anonymous said...

The conversation between Spur and the two pups (particularly #1)and then their decision to retreat to the den, is really interesting and adorable.

Tuckahoe Lamb and Cattle Co. said...

Wonderful videos. It's great to watch the puppies grow and change.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll admit it, last night we were laughing really hard that #3 looked liked a scorpian- adorable little guy, as they all are. :)

Candace said...

I thought the videos were hugely entertaining! I laughed myself silly over the first one and the two pups looking at Uncle Spurs tongue. Tickled me to no end!

I noticed # 3 carrying his tail like that from the get go! Too darn cute! We would call him a "Billy Bad _SS" here in the south or we could go more traditional and shorten to Bubba! (Snicker).
They are all so darn cute and quite entertaining!
Thanks for clips!
Candace