Today I really see the puppies personalities beginning to emerge.
Daily weights (getting harder to read accurately as they wiggle so much!). They are growing and developing beautifully. Tap is up to 4 lbs of food per day now, but is hiking with the gang for two 1 hour sessions. She has plenty of milk for the little piggies!
Puppy #1: 2 lbs 6 oz.
Puppy #2: 2 lbs 3 oz.
Puppy #3: 2 lbs 7 oz.
Puppy #4: 2 lbs 6 oz.
Puppy #1: 2 lbs 8 oz.
You can see some of their personalities emerging - everything changes daily so don't get too focused on any one thing! Yes #4 does have a cut on his face - not sure how he got it, but he was a bit of a cry baby tonight. Sorry about the end bit - that is old footage from a training day last fall - Dave Young's Bryn in the clip. I suck at YouTube!
8 comments:
Ok, every post is exponentially better than the last one --I don't even know how that's possible. I think, "Really, now. Don't comment *again*. Practice restraint." And then I can't.
Awwww...cry baby or not --#4 was so, so cute! (Can you blame him when he was ruthlessly targeted by #5 to be an ear popsicle?)
#3 seems pretty brave! I like how the girls are following girl rules and sticking together, like sisters should. ; ) I don't know, it's hard for me to tell --but #5 seems like he likes to have fun.
I do remember how much they change, though!
#3 gave a running commentary while on his exploration.
#5 calmly and boldy (yet silently)faced his new world
#4 wanted hugs and kisses
#1 preferred to sit back and assess, taking it all in and I think #2 thought the slate floors were just too darn cold for her little paws!
They're starting to look like dogs! It's so much fun watching them grow and now, play, too.
Ah good, get them used to those tile floors. We've got lots of tile here- the best thing for those sandy beach dogs.
I agree with Tracy, the posts just seem to get better and better- no pressure intended. :)
Ok, gotta like #1....I know I'm switching, I have that ability, because, luckily, I am not in the puppy pack, so I can really sit back and enjoy the puppy blog, which just gets better and better every time I log in. So, I have switched to #1 and #3
Be careful of raising your puppies exclusively on slick tile floors! Promotes loose joints, which may end up as musculoskeletal problems. learned this in a seminar and also read it in Dr. B's book "Grow your pups with Bones". Makes sense - as you see the puppies slipping and sliding around, it is definitely not promoting proper stance and balance... Most of the time, puppies should be on flooring where they can get some "purchase". I will be using a lot of (inexpensive, washable) indoor outdoor carpeting when puppies move to the (concrete floor) dog room next week. But do check the carpet for possible toxic substances as well.
I give the updates 5 thumbs, err paws, up!
It was interesting to note that the boys and girls did keep to their own gender.
Sigh! I like them all. It is such a treat to watch them grow and see their personalities develop!
The lambs were too cute as well!
Thank you very much!
Candace
I've had lots of pups with lots of tile (back to childhood actually) and never had a problem, but I see how exclusively slick floors could be problematic.
Don't worry, our pup will have lots of areas with "purchase" too. And, he'll be with me almost 24/7, and I surely don't plan on hanging out on the tile all day. :)
Post a Comment