Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The adventure comes to a close - or is it just beginning?

Tomorrow I set out with all the puppies en route to their new homes...Except Fen, of course!

First stop is at Grace's for a visit with Uncle Click and some training (for the big kids). So there are bound to be some great photos coming...

Here is a longish video of their last walk withe the gang. I wanted to upload the audio file of Beirut's "Scenic World" from my itunes library to go with it, but cannot. So, if you can, listen to it while you watch the video. It kind of suits the (kind of) sad, yet optimistic mood I was in when I shot this video.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't work for me either...I have to trick itunes by putting it on a cd and ripping it from a different media player. It works if you have a Mac, though.

Poor Boomer -#2 was holding him up! Her ears flap hilariously when she runs.

Fen looks like a very happy girl -probably knows she's staying. : ) Hank can really book it!

Anonymous said...

We played the song (over and over off itunes) while watching. Very nice. Since Cap didn't get to know my old guy, I'm so glad he got to know Boomer. Thank you for everything Fiona.

Anonymous said...

Fiona, you are dead on..that song fits so perfectly. I went to youtube.com searched Beruit, Scenic World got the live version ran 3:54 so I had to keep hitting play, but it fits that video so well....I am going to go home and iTunes it so Tracy can use it for the videos I know she will be cranking out. It was definitely a heart strings puller....plus, you have a beautiful piece of property, all those dogs on the long shots running around, just fantastic! Looking forward to seeing you and your dogs run this weekend......

Tuckahoe Lamb and Cattle Co. said...

The song was perfect! I really enjoyed watching the pups play with the big dogs. Thanks for giving them such a wonderful start.

Lynn said...

Chip Daddy and I are sorry to see this part of the pups journey end. May you all have a safe journey to your new homes! We have enjoyed watching their progress, and have not so patiently waited each night to see what adventures they have had the previous day!We hope each pup goes on to fulfill their new families lives. I can only hope you all the best with your new family member and hope you will keep Chip and I "in the loop". We would love to continue to hear how "our kids" are doing. Fiona, Thank you again for doing such a great job with the pups and I will see you, Fen, Tap and Pat at the trial in NH next weekend!

Lynn said...

suppose I should have left my e-mail it is merlynn@fairpoint.net If any of the new pups owners would be kind enough to keep us posted as to their progress we(Chip & I) would appreciate it!