#1: Creekside Fen
(As in Fender Bender) - fondly known as "Dent" (as in Acci-Dent) - please read below for explanation! She will be staying here at Creekside and following in her mom and grannie's footsteps learning to be a sheepdog.

Fen ("Dent") has more bruises and bumps than any of the puppies! She has a little bone spur - a bit of extra eyebrow - that maybe could have come from a knock on the head when bone was still soft. Nothing alarming or noticeable, though. She was the first up the (few) stairs..And then fell down and got the worst bloody nose! Tonight while I was washing the floor I found a tooth..Yep, you guessed it. #1 is missing one! Not sure how that came about - a little early to be cutting adult teeth!!!
Just in case you were wondering, Fen is an actual word: "A fen is a type of wetland fed by surface and/or groundwater. Fens are characterized by their water chemistry, which is neutral or alkaline. Fens are different from bogs, which are acidic, fed primarily by rainwater (ombrotrophic) and often dominated by Sphagnum mosses."
Nice thing to name a dog after! But is sounds nice and is easy to say (yell). Kind of like a horse I used to ride called Aubergine - a beautiful horse and a beutiful sounding word, which actually means Eggplant, in french!
#2: Creekside (?)
Our Party Girl, #2 will be going to live with Tracy and Creekside Caper in Florida where she will be learning agility, herding and participating (daily, with Caper) in hiking, ball playing, swimming at the beach - well Caper will just watch the swimming part thank you very much...)

#3: Creekside Cap
Our special flashy boy will be going to live in Santa Barbara, CA with Diane and family as well as "Big Bro's" Border Collies Indy and Wes. Cap will be active companion extraordinaire, and get to go on lots of hiking and camping trips, do some therapy work with his bro's, run on the beach and do some agility and Rally-O for fun.

#4: Creekside (?)
Our beautiful, perfect little boy will be going to live with Candace in Tampa, Florida and Henry (a rescue BC) and Fergie the Jack Russell Terrier. #4 will be learning agility and herding. We saw him eye - stalking the cat today.. Before he pounced like a little coyote. I found it cute. Cat did not.

#5 Hank (aka "The Man"): Creekside (?)
Hank will be going to live with Emily on a sheep farm in Virginia where he will be learning to become a useful farm dog and trial dog. Hank will join Emily's pack of rescue BCs and Aussie's. Hank will probably have a much nicer name soon!

Now everyone can get to sleep tonight and dream of new puppy breath :)
Some parting action shots:
3 pups and the cat cross the bridge - now you see why I wait till they are older! It is a very rickety bridge!!
The Mad Dash: #4 in the lead, Hank close on his heels and I think #1 trying to cut them off.
#1 as she was about to make the giant leap across the creek. She didn't make it and got wet :)
9 comments:
Oh, my gosh -GREAT photos, you're really getting good! You should submit some of those!
Wow -her face is so, so cute! I can't wait to see it in person!
I love Cap's name -with the "C" -Fen and Cap have such great names, they just fit!
(I am taking suggestions!)
Awesome photos, I just love them.
Please everyone take lots of photos of their puppies! : )
It's so fun to see who everyone ended up with! Congrats to all the new puppy owners.
~(Candace's friend)
Wow, fantastic pictures, you saved the best for last!! Just beautifuly/handsome puppies. I love the names everyone picked -- Tracy is deciding on hers and some of my suggestions actually made the final cut --which is a very proud moment for me... :-))
We are looking forward to flying up and meeting Fen and #2....and it will be cool to see everyone's pictures as the pups grow up.
I just read the part on Fen's name -I think the water part is pretty -like "field and fen" -I know I've heard that somewhere!
Great pictures!
I like "Fen"- original, but still classic sounding.
I've said all along that they are a lucky bunch of pups, and it sure looks like they've got good times ahead of them as well. :)
Fiona & Tap you have done a wonderful job raising this group and we rgieally appreciate the effort to keep us all updated. Chip Daddy and I can't wait to see little Fen . I hope she'll be at the NH trial in a couple weeks? I think you made an excellent choice (it was my favorite too). Lynn
I am blissfully happy!
100% Agree with Lynn... Fiona & Tap Thank you very much for all your hard work with this litter. I have received numerous emails from friends stating how impressed they are with your dedication to the puppies and their life lessons.
I truly appreciate you giving our pups the best possible start in their lives.
I love the shot of the puppies running! # 4(TBD) love the stretched out body! Yipee! :-)
Candace
Wonderful photos! I thought I had a name picked out for my boy, but the list of possible names is up to 18. I think I will have to wait until I meet him to decide.
Post a Comment